Mr. Lange earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science at Oakland University in 1982. He went on to earn his law degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School where he graduated in 1986 with honors.
Since 1986, he has helped thousands of people discharge their debts and keep their assets. He has helped people stay in their homes and save them from foreclosure. Mr. Lange has relieved his clients of hundreds of millions of dollars of consumer and business debt. He has helped people eliminate millions of dollars in federal and state income tax liabilities.
Over the last three decades Mr. Lange has earned the respect of both his clients and his peers. His law firm has earned a Preeminent peer and client review rating from Martindale-Hubble. He was voted onto the Super Lawyer list several times. He has frequently been chosen to lecture on bankruptcy topics to large audiences of attorneys, Judges and other professionals.
Under Federal law he is designated as a debt relief agency, helping people file for relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Bankruptcy – Debtor
- 10% Bankruptcy – Creditor
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1987
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. cum laude – 1986
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
- B.A. – 1982
- Major: Political Science
- In re Markowitz, 190 F.3d 455 (6th Cir. 1999)
- In re Palmieri, 2011 Bankr. LEXIS 5108 (Eastern District of Michigan 2011)
- United States v Cordes, 2015 US Dist. LEXIS 81385 (US District Court for EDM 2015)
Honors and Awards
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association, Member
- Detroit Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps, Platoon Leaders Class, Quantico, Virginia 1981
Pro Bono Activities
- US Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of MI Pro Bono Appointment Panel, 1995 – 2016